Responsible person for customs clearance
Responsible person for customs clearance in Germany
The responsible person for the customs clearance service has to provide the German company details to the client. This is done in order to forward details to the carrier/customs broker using the EORI number and VAT number of the reponsible person (the German company) to clear customs.
Non-European companies which have their own EORI number and a valid German VAT number are still not allowed to conduct customs clearance processes for goods in Germany on their own. In order to clear customs such companies must have a representative – a so-called “responsible person” which is a German company.
Types of responsible person:
- Direct RP: The goods arrive to the responsible person’s address following the DDP incoterm (The client pays all fees and the company sends the report).
- Indirect RP: The goods can be delivered to Amazon directly.
We provide the Direct RP service only and take responsibility only for the goods that are specified in the Invoice for customs clearance.
Procedure of the provided service:
- The client provides us with the document from the carrier which have to be filled out with information of our German company which acts as a responsible person for the customs clearance in Germany;
- The client provides us with the invoice for the goods with an accurate price of the imported goods;
- We issue an invoice for the client with the price of 100 € + 2 % of the total goods value according to the provided invoice for the goods that are subject to customs clearance;
- The client pays the invoice;
- After the payment has been received we will provide the signed document with information of our German company for providing it to the carrier or the customs broker.
The service price:
The price of the service is 100 € + 2 % of the total goods value according to the provided invoice for the goods that are subject to customs clearance (without VAT)